The City of Orange City
Date posted - January 6, 2014
NOTICE AND CALL OF COUNCIL MEETING
Governmental Body: The City of Orange City, Iowa
Date of Meeting: January 6, 2014
Time of Meeting: 4:30 o’clock P.M.
Place of Meeting: Council Chambers, City Hall Orange City, Iowa
PUBLIC NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the above mentioned governmental body will meet at the date, time and place above set out. The tentative agenda for said meeting is as follows:
l. Meeting called to order (4:30 o’clock P.M.)
2. Opening ceremonies
3. Approval of agenda
4. Approval of minutes
5. Department reports
6. Budget requests of affiliate organizations
7. Chamber update
8. 2014 strategic plan
9. Resolution approving the submission of a Community Attraction and Tourism Development Program application for the Robert M. Dunlop Wildlife Area Project
January 6, 2014
10. Daycare expansion
• Community Development and Needs Assessment
• Resolution for commitment of funds
11. Council appointments
• Employee roster of personnel
• City Attorney
12. Mayor appointments
• Mayor Pro-Tempore
• Chief of Police
• Fire Chief
• Program Representative assignment
13. Council meeting dates
14. Official newspaper
15. Authorization to issue checks
16. Organizational assignments
17. Beer permit renewal application
18. Tax abatement applications
19. Engagement Agreement with Ahlers & Cooney, P.C. for 2014 Downtown Street Project special assessment work
20. Procedure to initiate 2014 Downtown Street Improvements
• Preliminary resolution for construction
• Resolution fixing values of lots
• Resolution adopting preliminary plat and schedule, estimate of cost and proposed plans and specifications
• Resolution of necessity (Proposed)
January 6, 2014
21. Amendment to contract with Clayton Energy Corporation
22. Closed session per Iowa Code Section 21.5.1j real estate
23. Administrative reports
24. Council comments
This notice is given at the direction of the Mayor pursuant to Chapter 28A, Iowa Code, as amended, and the local rules of said governmental body.
Janet Brown, City Clerk of the City of Orange City, Iowa
Leave a ReplySheldon Broadcasting Company, Inc. appreciates your comments that abide by the following guidelines:
1. Avoid profanities or foul language.
2. Disagree, but avoid ad hominem (personal) attacks.
3. Threats are treated seriously and will be reported to law enforcement.
4. Spam and advertising are not permitted in the comments area.
These guidelines are very general and cannot cover every possible situation. Please don't assume that Sheldon Broadcasting Company, Inc. or its advertisers agrees with or otherwise endorses any particular comment. We reserve the right to filter or delete comments or to deny posting privileges entirely at our discretion. Please note that comments are reviewed by the selected staff and may not be posted immediately. If you feel your comment was filtered inappropriately, please email email@example.com.
Back to:The City of Orange City