Lights and Sirens

Firefighters Find Smoke After Being Sent To Middle School

Sheldon, Iowa — A bad furnace motor is being blamed for a fire alarm at the Sheldon Middle School shortly before 2 am Friday (January 5th).

Sheldon Assistant Fire Chief Randy Harms tells KIWA that fire crews found smoke in a hallway and the Wrestling Room of the school.

Harms says firefighters traced the source of the smoke to a furnace unit in the room, and discovered that the furnace motor had gone bad, causing the smoke.

Firefighters used a power fan to remove the smoke, according to Harms, and the fire crew returned to the station at 3:05 Friday morning.

Previous ArticleNext Article