Barn Near Ocheyedan Burns Down On Saturday
Date posted - February 26, 2013
According to Ocheyedan Fire Chief Dan Hartwig, the Ocheyedan Fire Department was paged about 4 PM Saturday afternoon to a barn fire about 4 miles west of Ocheyedan on Highway 9, and 2 miles north. The chief says Bill Pranger owns the place and one of his sons lives there.
Hartwig says when the fire department got there, the barn had pretty much burned down already. He said the heat had also melted some siding on the house but other than that, the house was not damaged.
The chief says the 40 by 60-foot barn was a total loss. In fact it was so far gone by the time they were called that they didn’t even take their hoses off the truck.
Chief Hartwig says the cause of the fire is thought to be related to a heat lamp. There were no injuries reported to people, pets, or livestock.
The chief says fire crews were on scene for about a half hour.
Leave a ReplySheldon Broadcasting Company, Inc. appreciates your comments that abide by the following guidelines:
1. Avoid profanities or foul language.
2. Disagree, but avoid ad hominem (personal) attacks.
3. Threats are treated seriously and will be reported to law enforcement.
4. Spam and advertising are not permitted in the comments area.
These guidelines are very general and cannot cover every possible situation. Please don't assume that Sheldon Broadcasting Company, Inc. or its advertisers agrees with or otherwise endorses any particular comment. We reserve the right to filter or delete comments or to deny posting privileges entirely at our discretion. Please note that comments are reviewed by the selected staff and may not be posted immediately. If you feel your comment was filtered inappropriately, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to:Barn Near Ocheyedan Burns Down On Saturday