Business Damaged In Fire

Date posted - December 30, 2015

Calumet, Iowa — A business was damaged in a fire on Wednesday, December 30, 2015 in Calumet.
Calumet FD Fire truck
According to Calumet Fire Chief Mike Jensen, about 7:05 AM, the Calumet Fire Department was called to the report of a structure fire at 111 South Railway Avenue, the address of Huffman Equipment and Service, just off Main Street.

The chief says he discovered the fire himself and called it in when he saw smoke coming from the roof vents of the building.

Jensen says there were no injuries reported.

He says the Calumet Fire Department was assisted by the Sutherland Fire Department. He says they were called in for extra manpower.

He says the cause of the fire appeared to be electrical in nature. He says the fire was up in the ceiling, and they had to remove the ceiling and insulation to get at it.

Chief Jensen reports that there was only minor damage to the structure.

He says they used 200 gallons of water to fight the fire, and crews were on scene about two and a half hours.

Print Friendly

Comments are closed.