Cedar Cabin to Close June 15th

Date posted - May 12, 2013

Cedar CabinAshton, Iowa — Since 1938 the Cedar Cabin in Ashton has been serving its many patrons great steaks, ham, chicken and onion rings but on Saturday June 15th, after the final diner leaves, the Cedar Cabin will close its doors for a final time.

Tom and Lori Cutsinger made the announcement Saturday night to their employees that Tom has accepted a job at Iowa Lakes Community College in Estherville.  Tom will be the college’s food service coordinator beginning July 1st.

Tom told KIWA his decision to close the restaurant was a tough one but that the job offered him was an exceptional opportunity.  Both Tom and Lori would like to thank their many wonderful friends and patrons for supporting the Cedar Cabin for many years.

Those with Cedar Cabin gift certificates are asked to redeem them by June 15th.  The Cedar Cabin will be closed all this week reopening Friday night May 17th.

8 Responses to “Cedar Cabin to Close June 15th”

1. 30-30 says:

best prime rib anywhere
    all the best Tom and Lori

2. Wow.. says:

End of an era! What will happen to Off Off Broadway?

3. Robert Keller says:

I have never been there. Guess I better get over there pretty quick!

4. ashton resident says:

Ashton is losin a great resturant. So sad but happy for the couple

• Rainbow says:

All area people who love the Cedar Cabin , will miss the great food, service and staff. Thanks for hanging in as long as you did. You will be missed!

5. biker says:

Great little escape
    for wife and I. We’ll miss it. Best of luck!

6. doug white says:

Good luck Lori and Tom,very happy for both of you! The Cedar Cabin has been a part of most of my life and my parents. Will also miss the wonderful staff,they were very special. When you have something as special as the Cedar Cabin in a small town and don’t support it this is what happens!

7. Mary Cutsinger Huber says:

I wish my brother and sister-in-law all the best in what lies ahead of them! I will miss the Cabin and its workers as it has been in my life forever! Best cuts of meat and onion rings around! It’s an end of an era;( I wish everybody best of luck! Will miss you all. Thank you to all who supported the Cabin:)