Community Foundation Of Osceola County Hands Out Funding
Date posted - February 16, 2012
The Community Foundation of Osceola County will distribute $80,328 to twenty-six nonprofit groups representing five different areas of Osceola County.
The purpose of these grants is to assist local groups to promote and support human services, the arts and culture, health and recreation, economic well being, youth development and the educational needs of Osceola County residents. Grants ranging from $872.00 to $3,500 will be announced and distributed at a special ceremony to be held at 5:30 p.m. this Thursday afternoonat the Sibley Senior Center. (612 8th StreetSibley, Iowa) The public is invited and encouraged to attend.
The following projects have been funded for 2012:
1. Sibley-Ocheyedan FFA Chapter$ 3500
Wiring & electrical boxes for campsites at Hawkeye Point
2. Ashton Am. Legion Post 290$ 3500
New banquet tables
3. Melvin Area Econ. Dev. Corp. $ 3500
Paint mural on old bank building
4. Melvin Am. Legion Post 470 $ 3500
Trailer to hold flags & flagpoles
5. Hawkeye Pt. Foundation$ 3500
Bathrooms & showers at Hawkeye Pt. campground
6. Sibley Fire & Rescue$ 3500
Purchase enclosed SCBA bottle fill station
7. Westerners 4-H Club$ 3500
Viewing platform; and an antique farm machinery display at Hawkeye Pt.
8. Osceola Co. Conservation Bd. $ 3500
New Rainbow play set for Willow Creek Park
9. Ashton Public Library$ 1547
Purchase 2 new computers
10. Tracy House Museum$1500
Re-side part of the museum & clean, sanitize & wall paper museum bedrooms
11. Ocheyedan Public Library$ 3500
Replace ballast; add sump pump; new shelving re-landscape south side of library
12. Ashton Town & Country Club $ 2500
Renovate shelter house & put concrete pad on West side of shelter house
13. DeBoer Grocery Museum$1000
Add screen/storm windows; replace screen doors; add security light
14. Melvin Fire Dept.3500
Purchase deck gun for grass fires and air exchange for fire station
15. Osceola Co. Emergency Responders $ 3500
Purchase 3 additional pager/radios for volunteers
16. Ashton Betterment Committee$ 3500
Landscape & develop picnic area along Hwy. 60
17. Sibley Park Board$ 3500
New climbing equip. at Robinson Park
18. VFW Post 7373 $ 3500
Remove old cabinets & fixtures;relocate electrical, water and gas service; install new cabinets and fixtures
19. Sibley Rec. Dept. $ 3500
Replace soccer goals at soccer fields with Alumagoal Elliptical Elite Aluminum Club Goals
20. May City Ambulance $ 3500
Purchase Stryker Stair Chair
21. Ocheyedan Township Cemetery$ 3500
Repair damaged grave marker monuments
22. Melvin Ambulance $ 3500
Purchase a Stryker Stair Chair
23. Ashton Fire Dept $ 3500
Replace 2 furnaces in Fire Station
24. Prevention of Depression/Suicide $ 3500
Public awareness/education regarding depression & suicide (brochures, marketing, day-fairs)
25. Sibley Public Library $ 3500
Convert microfilm records to searchable digital solution
26. McCallum Museum $872.05
Repair museum by replacing rotting boards; scrape, prime & paint; caulk boards; & re-nail where necessary
By Scott Van Aartsen
Leave a ReplySheldon Broadcasting Company, Inc. appreciates your comments that abide by the following guidelines:
1. Avoid profanities or foul language.
2. Disagree, but avoid ad hominem (personal) attacks.
3. Threats are treated seriously and will be reported to law enforcement.
4. Spam and advertising are not permitted in the comments area.
These guidelines are very general and cannot cover every possible situation. Please don't assume that Sheldon Broadcasting Company, Inc. or its advertisers agrees with or otherwise endorses any particular comment. We reserve the right to filter or delete comments or to deny posting privileges entirely at our discretion. Please note that comments are reviewed by the selected staff and may not be posted immediately. If you feel your comment was filtered inappropriately, please email email@example.com.
Back to:Community Foundation Of Osceola County Hands Out Funding