Dairy Building Damaged In Morning Fire
Date posted - February 10, 2016
Maurice, Iowa — A dairy building was damaged in a fire on Wednesday, February 10, 2016 near Maurice.
According to Maurice Fire Chief Jeff Vore, about 5:15 AM, the Maurice Fire Department was called to the report of fire in the ceiling of a milking parlor at Roorda Dairy at 3267 460th Street, a mile north and a mile and a half east of Maurice.
The chief says the fire department did find a fire in the ceiling insulation at that location, and the fire was knocked down by firefighters. The chief says to make sure they got all the hot spots, they used a thermal imaging camera. He says the cause of the fire appeared to have been a malfunction in the furnace.
Vore says they called for assistance from the Orange City Fire Department at about 5:50 AM.
Vore says no injuries were reported.
Chief Vore reports that there was moderate damage to the building.
He says they used less than 500 gallons of water to fight the fire, and crews were on scene for about two hours.