Hawarden Man Dies In Sioux Center Area Crash

Date posted - October 12, 2012

Sioux Center, Iowa — A Hawarden man has died in an accident near Sioux Center on Friday morning.

The Sioux County Sheriff’s Office reports that about 6:20 AM, 51-year-old Mark Heimgartner of LeMars was driving a 2008 International semi-tractor pulling a tank trailer southbound on Highway 75, three miles north of Sioux Center. Thirty-one-year-old Lucas Ochoa-Valiente of Hawarden was driving a 1988 Toyota Camry westbound on 370th Street.

Ochoa-Valiente failed to yield to the stop sign and the two vehicles collided in the intersection.

Ochoa-Valiente was pronounced dead at the scene by the Sioux County Medical Examiner.

Heimgartner was transported to the Sioux Center Hospital by the Sioux Center Ambulance.

The International sustained approximately $40,000. The Toyota sustained approximately $5,000 in damages; both vehicles are considered a total loss.

The Iowa State Patrol, Iowa Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Enforcement, Sioux Center Police Department, Sioux Center Fire Department and Sioux Center Ambulance assisted the Sioux County Sheriff’s Office.

Pictures courtesy Sioux County Sheriff’s Office

6 Responses to “Hawarden Man Dies In Sioux Center Area Crash”

1. Fix The World says:

Am I the only one to see a connection to all of these Sioux County collisions? Or do we all have our blinders on to save-face to the Almighty Dollar?

• Red says:

Do you have proof that either of the drivers were uninsured? I didn’t read that anywhere in the short article. Unless of course, you work for one of the law enforcement agencies that covered the accident. If that is the case, you are sharing information that is private, and could cost you your job.

A very nice, hard working man died.

It’s time to fix “Fix the World’s” attitude.

• Fix The World says:

He might have been nice, but he also ran a STOP sign and ended his life and could have done the same to an INNOCENT person.

I didn’t pass judgment on him or the innocent truck driver. Therefore, what I said still stands—”Let me just say, people—WATCH the roads and have AMPLE uninsured motorist insurance protection!”.

I’d also like to add, have ample UNDERINSURED as well.

I guess you might not like simple truths, being “Red” and all.

• Red says:

Oh wow…. now I’m a commie.

Thanks for the laugh!

I still have no clue why you are harping on under insured (the way you spell it is not a valid compound word) or uninsured motorists.

How is this saving the county money?

To be honest what you are saying makes no sense.

• Fix The World says:

Actually, if you look in your insurance information (given you have insurance), you will see UNDERINSURED as one word not two. Sorry your spell-check doesn’t like that, but that’s the way it is.

What I said makes complete sense.

I never said anything about saving the county money—what YOU’re talking about doesn’t make sense.

• Rest In Peace says:

This gentleman could have maybe worked the night shift? Did you ever think he could have fallen asleep, and ran through the stop sign by accident. I am possitive he didnt want to end up the way he did. You can check his obituary when it’s out, and pay your respects to those who now are without him. Since you know who this man is. Above all be polite! I am an Insured truck driver!!