Inwood, Iowa — There were a few tense moments in an Inwood home on Tuesday, January 19, 2016.
According to Inwood Assistant Fire Chief Scott Hansen, about 7:40 AM, the Inwood Fire Department was called to the report of a structure fire at 303 West Monroe in Inwood.
The assistant chief says the fire department saw nothing as they approached the scene, but learned that the fire was contained to the furnace. He says they shut down the furnace and ventilated the house with fans.
Hansen says no injuries were reported.
He says the cause of the fire appeared to be a malfunction in the furnace.
Assistant Chief Hansen says that at last report the family was making alternate heating and/or living arrangements.
He says fire crews were on scene for about an hour.