Ireton, Iowa — A home near Ireton was damaged by a fire on Saturday, July 15th.
The Sioux County Sheriff’s Office reports the call came in at 5:22 a.m., of a residential fire that occurred at 4021 Eagle Avenue, six miles north of Ireton.
When the Ireton Fire Department arrived at the home, they discovered that a large portion of the house was engulfed by fire.
The family of four had been inside the home sleeping when the fire began, but were able to escape. One of the residents sustained minor injuries when the resident broke a window of the home to obtain a phone in order to call 911. That person declined further medical attention.
The fire is believed to have started due to a faulty electrical system in a portion of the home.
The Sheriff’s Office reports that the Ireton Fire Department, Sioux Center Fire Department, the Ireton Ambulance Squad and Sheriff’s Deputies responded to the fire call.