Rock Rapids, Iowa –- A leadership program in Lyon County graduated 19 participants recently.
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach sponsored the program. Their communities program specialist, Jane Goeken says that they had 35 people take the program earlier this year, and they had a waiting list, so they offered it again. She tells us about the six-week program.
She says the program focused on maximizing the strengths and skills of current and future community leaders. Participants focused on exploring and further developing leadership skills and becoming more aware of and involved in their community. She tells us at what kind of person the program was aimed.
She tells us how they decided to run the program.
She says the program has been offered within the past couple of years in O’Brien and Sioux Counties, and it looks like they’ll be offering it again as well.
Lyon County Leadership graduates include:
- Ronda Arends, Lewis Drug
- Carmen Austin, DeNoble, Austin & Company PC
- Lori Carstensen, Alpha Omega Publications
- David DeNoble, DeNoble, Austin & Company PC
- Connie Douglass, LyonCounty Health Services
- Russell Forrest, DeNoble, Austin & Company PC
- Cameron Greenfield, Glynlyon
- Michelle Hellenga, Sanford Health
- Erik Hooser, Glynlyon
- Jessica Jensen, New Century Press
- Stacey McIntire, Frontier Bank
- Kayla Reck, DeNoble, Austin & Company PC
- Lisa Rockhill, LyonCounty Health Services
- Nicole Schneekloth, DeNoble, Austin & Company PC
- Lisa VandeStouwe, ATLAS of LyonCounty
- Loralye Wibben, LyonCounty Extension and Outreach
- Bonnie Wilson, LyonCounty Health Services
- Dennis Winkowitsch, LyonCounty Extension Council
- Jeremy Zink, Cooperative Farmers Elevator
Participants were nominated to attend Lyon County Leadership by their employer or another community organization. Sessions were taught by ISU Extension and Outreach staff members affiliated with the Community and Economic Development program.
Lyon County Leadership was sponsored by the Lyon County Extension Council.