Roof Vent Fire Damages Hartley Home

Hartley, Iowa– A house was damaged in a fire on Monday, June 20, 2016 in Hartley.
Fire Lightbar
According to Hartley Fire Chief Kevin Soden, about 5:05 PM, the Hartley Fire Department was called to the report of roof fire at 51 South Fifth Street.

The chief says the fire department saw fire coming from an attic vent as they approached the scene. He says the roof vent had caught on fire and there was a small fire in the attic. He says they extinguished the fire and made sure it was out.

Soden says the cause of the fire appeared to be electrical in nature, and no injuries were reported.

He says there was minimal damage, and crews were on scene for about an hour.

Previous ArticleNext Article