Same Bales, Different Day
Date posted - October 14, 2016
Sheldon, Iowa — Earlier we told you about a Thursday fire that heavily damaged eleven round bales of bean straw that were being moved on two hay trailers at the intersection of 370th Street and McKinley Avenue, south of Sheldon. That blaze was caused by a locked-up bearing on one of the bale trailers, which overheated, causing the bales to catch fire.
Friday, for the second day in a row, Sheldon firefighters were called to the same location, again to put out a bale fire. Sheldon Fire Chief Jerry Meyer says that, most likely due to Friday’s windy conditions, flames had once again flared up in the remnants of the bales involved in Thursday’s blaze, causing Friday’s fire call.