Marshall, Minnesota — Frozen food home delivery company Schwan’s is advising its customers of a recall affecting six of the company’s LiveSmart® vegetable items.
Jeffrey Varcoe, Vice President for Food Safety and Quality at Schwan’s Shared Services, LLC says that one of their suppliers, CRF Frozen Foods, has notified them that six products they manufacture on Schwan’s behalf are part of a voluntary recall. As a precautionary measure, Schwan’s is asking customers to return the products to their Schwan’s Route Sales Representative during their next visit. The products include
- LiveSmart® Organic Super Sweet Yellow and White Corn (#807), all packages.
- LiveSmart® Edamame in the Pod (#857), all packages.
- LiveSmart® Organic Vegetable Medley (#822), all packages.
- LiveSmart® Mini Bow Tie Pasta and Vegetable Blend (#767), only packages with date codes beginning with 2B.
- LiveSmart® Super Sweet Cut Corn (#773), only packages with date codes beginning with 2B.
- LiveSmart® Green Peas (#766), only packages with date codes beginning with 2B.
Schwan’s says date codes can be found on the back of the package in a box called “product identification code” or stamped in an area on the bottom right.
They say CRF Frozen Foods initiated this recall as a precautionary measure because of possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
Schwan’s Home Service says they will credit customers’ accounts with the cost of the product.
If you have any questions, you can contact Schwan’s at 1-800-599-9994.