Sheldon Fire Chief Jerry Meyer says the Sheldon Fire Company was called to a garage fire in the alley at 701 Fourth Avenue about 3:20 AM Saturday morning.
Upon arrival it was observed that the detached garage was fully engulfed in flames.
Firefighters put out the flames and cooled hot spots, but the garage and its contents including a small pickup and some appliances were completely destroyed. The fire melted siding on a nearby garage as well.
Meyer says twenty firefighters were on scene for about 2 hours. The residents were home at the time, but no injuries were reported.
Chief Meyer says the cause of the fire appears to be electrical in nature, and in the area of a refrigerator that was in the garage.