Director Lissa Lane-Johnson says Sheldon High School Students have been taking the stage for Summer Theatre for 41 years.
She says they have a good schedule in store.
She says Sheldon students are advised of the opening of auditions each year shortly after the speech season is over in the spring. Lane-Johnson says she’d like to encourage everyone to come out and enjoy an evening of theatre.
The first play is “Brighton Beach Memoirs”, sponsored by Darrell Burns of Edward Jones. It runs Thursday through Saturday night at Sheldon High. Tickets are sold at the door, but if you have special seating needs and need to reserve seating, you can contact Lissa Lane-Johnson at the school. Otherwise doors open at 7:30 for 8 PM performances.
- June 6, 7, 8 Brighton Beach Memoirs sponsored by Darrell Burns of Edward Jones
- June 13, 14 and 15 Play On Sponsored by GPS Dairy Consulting, LLC
- June 20, 21, 22 Romeo and Juliet sponsored by Citizens State Bank and the Dental Office
- June 27, 28 and 29 The Nerd sponsored by M+D Construction
- July 4 and 5 Lost in Space and the Mortgage Due sponsored by HyVee and Sanford Sheldon
- July 11, 12, 13 The Civil War sponsored by Wolff, Whorley, Deoogh and Schreurs and KIWA Radio