Lori Richards, who’s on the committee says the plans don’t only address the comfort of the students and their ability to learn. In light of the violence in schools recently, the plans also address safety and security of the students, faculty, and staff.
There are several more town hall meetings regarding the East Elementary project:
- Ashton Public Library – Monday, January 21, 2013, 6:30 p.m.
- Archer Community Building – Thursday, January 24, 2013, 6:30 p.m.
- Sheldon Community High School Library – Monday, January 28, 2013, 7:00 p.m.
- Matlock Fire Hall – Saturday, February 2, 2013, 9:00 a.m.
- Sheldon Community Building – Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:30 a.m.
The election to decide the fate of the improvements at East will be on February 5.
Click here for the link to the KIDS Committee Facebook page, where you can learn more. The committee encourages you to “like” the page for updates.