Sheldon, Iowa — KIWA and Farmer’s Coop Oil of Sheldon are pleased to announce the 2015 Tanks of Thanks winners! In June KIWA asked members of the community to nominate those who they felt went above and beyond to do good and serve their neighbors. Each winner receives a $50 Cenex Gift Card redeemable at any Cenex location. The Tanks of Thanks program started in 2012 and has recognized more than 12,000 people and given away more than $280,000 in free fuel. Here are the most recent winners from our listening area:
- Steve & Junell Grady of Archer, for the time they volunteer with BEECIN Hospice Foundation.
- Dawn Rutzen of Ashton, for her countless hours volunteering & organizing community events through the Ashton Town & Country Club.
- Ivan & Pat Rimmer of Granville, for their consideration in helping those in need in their community.
- David Dykstra of Sheldon, for his exemplary work with the numerous programs he helps with above and beyond the call of duty.
- Jeanne Feekes of Sheldon, for her many years of volunteer work through Bethany Christian Services, as well as many other organizations in Sheldon.
- Bill Van Otterloo of Sheldon, for the consideration and care he shows in all that he does for those he encounters every day.
The Tanks of Thanks program from CHS and Cenex® retailers encourages people to nominate friends, family and neighbors for free fuel as a way to say thank you for doing good in the community.