From The Editor’s Desk

Date posted - December 5, 2012

First of all, we thank each and everyone of you who take the time to participate in the conversations held here on this forum. It’s why we built it. To give our friends a forum to engage in enlightened discussions on a wide range of topics.

But, apparently… not EVERYONE feels that way.

The most common criticism we get for allowing this free-flowing discussion thread is the fact that people don’t HAVE to sign their names. We COULD mandate this, we won’t. We rely on the maturity of our users to stand behind what they say and for the rest of the audience to try those offenders in the court of public opinion.

There are times on these threads that people make some pretty large allegations or harsh criticisms, but yet use an alias. And we know that many of you are using multiple aliases as you traverse these forums. It’s your prerogative,  we won’t stop you. Some people have legitimate concerns and valid points, other’s are looking to stir the pot.

Which one are you?

Either way, the rest of us are enjoying the show.

–Wayne Barahona

17 Responses to “From The Editor’s Desk”

1. Red says:

So far, so good! No death threats! :0)

2. virgil says:

Thanks Wayne
    Some times we just type with out thinking other times much thought is put into some stuiped things people say or type

3. Jeff says:

Wayne – I love the addition – it also gets me to your website. And if it wasn’t for this forum – I wouldn’t of known of your show in the morning with tom. Keep up the good work! Discussion is always good.

4. Randy Weber says:

Just so ya know I have legitimate concerns and valid points, and I put my real name. BBwwwwaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!. Love the site though. Keep it up Wayne.

I use my first name. I am sure there are many people in town that know who I am. You could make it a member only site, where we must log in. and of course, you have our emails.

I think discussion is good. I like the “two cents” comment area. I enjoy discussing sheldon situations, without getting statewide or nationwide people in here.

6. Hank Reardon says:

If I had to use my real name I would not post. There were times in the past I was harrased with late night anonymous phone calls after having had editorials printed in the paper. Being able to use a “Nom de Plume” keeps the nuts from harrasment, and opens up the discussions.

7. Max says:

Wayne-Please don’t ever change anything about this forum. This forum is exactly what Sheldon needs as a community.

8. Tim says:

Wayne
    Thank you for this forum, I have no problem signing my name. I think if you want to give your opinion, and it is worth “TWO CENTS”, why would you not sign your name.
    I do believe, everyone that writes something or gives their opinion, should at least have their facts straight, or be able to take a correction. I like this quote:
    “I’ll tell you what’s the greatest power under heaven, and that is public opinion–the ruling belief in society about what is right and what is wrong, what is honourable and what is shameful. That’s the steam that is to work the engines.”

by GEORGE ELIOT, Felix Holt

9. Outsider Looking In says:

I enjoy the forum, and getting to see what others think.
    I also like the fact I don’t have to sign my name. I only have to voice my opinion here, but if everyone could see my name, especially my co-workers, I could very well have to justify my opinions many times over. This is possibly the only way someone can feel free to speak thier minds, without any retribution from family, co-workers or even the community.

10. willy Pedro says:

if its worth your time to post it should be worth your time to be truthful about who you are just sayin!!

11. Doug says:

It’s obvious, there are some sensitive subjects, that are conveniently overlooked. Sometimes it’s easier, to just cross to the other side of the street, than get in someones’s face to address a problem.

People have a voice here.

Case in point: The price of fuel in Sheldon.