Is Our Country Falling Apart At The Seams?

Date posted - March 28, 2013

I have always maintained that when we as a society experience social, cultural, and moral decay, our society over time will eventually fail.

Now if you say our civilization is not experiencing any such decay, let me ask you: Do we respect the sanctity of life any more? How about the morality of what marriage ACTUALLY is. (call me narrow minded, but throughout history those cultures not adhering to the principle of marriage between a man and woman, have not endured, Egypt, Greek, and Roman civilization to name a few)

Then there is the whole debate on killing of babies vs the rights of a woman. Nobody ever talks about the rights of the baby. Why? I would challenge anyone to tell me we as a society have not lost many of the morals that hold a society together. Then lets go to the greed and laziness of our society. It is becoming more and more socially acceptable to take what we have not worked for. So many today want what is ‘owed’ to them. (entitlements) It has become so easy for people to manipulate the system. And we just let it go on. We soon become so reliant on the gov’t that we become complacent and apathetic. So, is our society on the decline of our doing? Or lack of not doing?

Yes, I check out MSNBC, CNN, FOX, but I also do my own extensive research. I come to my own conclusions. This is not intended to support any political party, religious affiliation, or even Fox News or MSNBC. I love this country, it is the best in the world, but we are not perfect, we have problems.

You may not agree, but convince me if you think I am wrong. I was prompted to write this because of an article I read. Before you respond please read it, ALL of it. http://bibleblender.com/2012/biblical-lessons/how-declining-morals-cause-civilizations-to-die

Tim

19 Responses to “Is Our Country Falling Apart At The Seams?”

1. Marcus says:

You know what would really be fun is if the Republicans took control of the Senate in 2014 while keeping the House.

Great. then we could all go back to the 50s. I can remember in 1959 my great Grandma saying “This world is going to hell in a handbasket and I’m glad I won’t be around to see it.” We lived through it. The only thing wrong in our country right now is growing pains. Things change, people adapt. Some things change, some things stay the same.

I used to be completely pro life. I was young, I saw the world in black and white. The young have such drama. As I got older and began to see things in more shades of gray, my pro life has changed to pro responsibility. Norway passed a law allowing free contraception to anyone that requested it, regardless of age. Their abortion % dropped to zero. Let’s provide access and allow contraception. Nobody is pro abortion. Abortion, for most normal people (I’m leaving out psychopaths, etc) is a last choice. But we don’t know their life situation, we don’t know anything about their problems, finances, etc. Only that woman that would have to carry that fetus, knows her finances and her world. And all of the GOP complain about people sucking from the govt. Teat (I said it nicely), yet they expect these people that are already on entitlements to get better, have that babyand get off entitlements? It seems backward to me. If one is going to expect that potential Mother to carry that child, she should hope for a good safety net, good hope for nutrition, schooling, childcare, help. Right now, the govt expects people to have babies, but then” you’re on your own, pull yourselves up by your bootstraps.” We can’t have it both ways. They should pick one or the other. Either they provide a safety net, and help for that child, or they provide contraception to prevent abortion of that child.

Other than that, life is what it has always been. People want the same things they wanted throughout history, a job, a warm home, clean water, school for their kids, hope for peace in their old age.

I think it was Tim ? Was it you that had been adopted? In a perfect world, every unwanted child would be adopted and loved in a new family. Its not a perfect world. and lots of these unexpected babies are going to single parent young women homes. I ‘d want to see some help raising that child, childcare, schooling, a bit of help. Because since there is no more shame in having a baby out of wedlock, there are not any babies for adoption. And I’m old enough to think people should be married when they have kids. “The world is just going to hell in a handbasket!”

• Doug says:

You have made the Norway claim at least once and maybe twice in the past. I didn’t look very hard today, but some of the links I searched before came up again, and I’m compelled to throw the b.s. flag on your claims.

When Norwegian researchers offered free contraception FOR ONE YEAR to 3,500 women ages 20 to 24living in Tromso and Hamar in Norway, the abortion rate in those cities was cut in HALF.

Contraception in Norway is subsidized, not free.

Current Norwegian legislation and public health policy provides for abortion on demand in the first 12 weeks of gestation, by application up to the 18th week, and only under special circumstances thereafter.

15,343 abortions were carried out in Norway in 2011 – that’s almost not zero.

• Doug says:

Why is my post from 24 hours ago being held?

• Doug says:

You have made the Norway claim at least once and maybe twice in the past. I didn’t look very hard today, but some of the links I searched before came up again, and I’m compelled to throw the foul flag on your claims.

When Norwegian researchers offered free contraception FOR ONE YEAR to 3,500 women ages 20 to 24 living in Tromso and Hamar in Norway, the abortion rate in those cities was cut in HALF.

Contraception in Norway is subsidized, not free.

15,343 abortions were carried out in Norway in 2011 – that’s almost not zero.

• WackoPedro says:

Probably won’t happen. The Greed Oppression Piety will continue to spiral down the path to irrelevancy.

2. Juie says:

Bible Thummers….

3. Jill Jrasky says:

Ummmm….no. We are just fine. USA problems: Who can get married and how high are taxes? 3rd World problems: How many vultures will my child feed? Live your life and be thankful for what you have.

4. Jim says:

Are there any examples of a culture from that far back in history that HAS endured? Not really. Anyway, congratulations for hitting the three talking points that are going to keep Republicans out of power until they change. A more diverse America means no more winning by the power of bigotry alone.

5. Biker says:

Abortion? Really fetus. In your mind when does the child become a child? Might as well and look at the gay marriage issue. This thread falls right into it. Unbeleiveable.

• Tim says:

“Biker” .When does life end? If you say when the heart stops beating…then as studies have confirmed thru ultrasound, a babies heart beats as early as 4 weeks from conception, and perhaps earlier. I beleive as millions do, life begins at conception. if we can allow abortion, where do we stop with the elderly? Biker….or whatever your name is, (why people can give opinions and don’t put a name to own their opinion is beyond me) do you believe we can end life of the elderly? Or even those unfortunate people that are clinically ‘brain dead’? If you say we end the life of a, using your term ‘fetus’, for the reason of the mother not being able to support him/her, or even just because she doesn’t want the baby, or whatever reason you are giving, then, using your logic, when and if I no longer can support myself, or care for myself, and am a burden on society, I should be put to death.
      Unbelievable!!

Although I recognize the concerns of the pro life people, saying that a fetus is a potential human life, if you want to get Biblical here, in the Bible it says that God breathes the soul into a baby when he takes his first breath.

• Tim says:

Lee Ann…
        Two things, one, I think “pro life people” may disagree with your characterization of a fetus as a “potential” human life. It is human life.
        Second, I may need a lesson taught me in Biblical knowledge. Show me where in the Bible it says ” that God breathes the soul into a baby when he takes his first breath.” I am not sure where that is. Help me.

6. Tim says:

Today I learned something that is just appalling. An inmate serving a life sentance for murder was granted a transgendered sex change operation. Because it was the inmates ‘constitutional right’. Now someone please explain to me, how this is not just what my original op-ed was expressing. Is our country falling apart? Why Why….would this be ‘progressive’ thinking.

There are a lot of things that you and I believe differently , but I object to trying to blame this transgendered surgery on the progressives.

I used to work in Colorado DOC as a nurse. And the inmates got smart. And started suing the state. For example, if their dental service isn’t as good as on the outside (whether they could pay for it outside or not), they say its inhumane to incarcerate someone who cannot receive dental services So the state improved the dental services. Then there was a lawsuit that the inmate had been sick with the flu and was not able to see a doctor, so the state had to improve their medical services. Everything the inmate wants, they sue for, and get it because the state knows that they can get in trouble with HUGE lawsuits if they do not provide services that are just as good as outside. If somebody died without being treated, the lawsuits could go into the millions. So they had pretty good services. When I worked there, in 1999, there were five inmates that had taken their hormones, so they had breasts, but were not completely surgically finished, if you know what I mean. There was no way they could put those five transgendered people in regular population. Believe me, they’d be busy making money , or getting raped. So they were in isolation by themselves I would imagine one of them sued for the right to finish surgery. Because they would say it was inhumane to keep them separate. Lawsuits really scare the DOC, because while they don’t want to pay millions, and they have to offer whatever was on the outside, because the idea of Colorado DOC is that we are not punishing them, we are containing them so they can serve their sentence. So I can see how a lawsuit would make them jump. To refuse something would be considered a punishment, so they would probably rather pay the money, than pay a lawsuit.

But to say its a progressive idea, no way. Its a CYA lawsuit.