Loves Mrs. Olson and More

Date posted - September 5, 2013

I was reviewing some of the older posts and just laughing to myself about some of the dumb things that are complained about and said.

I have to say my favorite post had to be about the Roller Roulette vs. the business men and the sticker! My goodness! All I want to know is did anyone find a post on youtube??? I would love to see that! And, Mrs. Olson in Walnut Grove, I LOVE YOU! love how you always have a scenario of how it would have been done in Walnut Grove, very clever and it makes for good reading!

One more post; empty homes are an eyesore, thank goodness you boys who took it upon yourselves to go clean up the yard…your the neighborhood heroes!!! Every community needs a hero and this week the award goes to you!

Public restrooms, its a shame you were criticized so much for not being able to hold it while you shopped, I feel bad for you! I sure wish I could have seen what the tattoo post was all about, it must have really stirred up some comments to have it removed! What was it all about anyhow?

Well, it is always fun to read my two-cents worth every couple of months and find out what is brewing in all the minds of Sheldon, certainly makes for good laugh on a bad day when I need it! God bless!

17 Responses to “Loves Mrs. Olson and More”

1. MrPotatohead says:

I would have to agree Mrs. Olson is a clever one!

2. RR says:

It’s funny how some people get worked up about the silliest things. Life is too short to be a complainer and not a doer. These posts are better than the comic strips. I have to admit, I laughed my head off when I wrote the post about the ‘sticker stickee’ . I have to give my dad credit for my sense of humor. Bless his heart.

3. Dug(the dog) says:

This is where I go to every morning…just to read the responses. Wow, talk about people getting worked up???? It’s life people, get used to it!!!! I’ve noticed a trend though, everything seems to go back to blaming somebody else or the Government. I have no idea who Harriet really is, but every dang time I read one of your posts, I am transported, in my head, to having to watch that show. Between that and the Walnuts, I don’t know which one was worse. But still thanks, it breaks up the monotony and gives me a chuckle.

• MrPotatohead says:

WELL SAID!!!! Dug(the dog)!!!- its a crying shame that we will never know the real identity of Mrs. Olson, I would like to go drink coffee with her some time.

4. JP says:

I check these Editorial posts a couple times a day I will admit ~ I do have to say its better than Facebook :) People yelling at people on the internet for whatever reason just amuses me :) Of course I am easily amused :) I love Harriet & her comments & think she should give her own advice column on here !!!

• Harriet Oleson says:

What if…. Harriet were not a her???? Just speculation of course. It was well known in Walnut Grove that Mr. Edwards may have been a switch-hitter. Food for thought – maybe that is why Charles spent so much time at the lumber mill.

5. Dug(the dog) says:

Ummmmm, that might not sit to well with Lars. Ha

• Dug(the dog) says:

Wait, I mean you having coffee with MRS. Olsen. Emphasis on MRS. I just don’t think that would sit too well with Lars, you know, MR. OLSEN!!! And he’s not a little guy. And you should also remember, if you’re old enough to remember that show, then that means you “ain’t no spring chicken”…ha
      As far as her own column goes, that would be pretty funny, some of the advice that could be given, but if you start an online petition, I’d consider signing it.

6. LittleHouseFan says:

It seems Harriet is too busy to write. What are we going to do without her wit and wisdom

7. JP says:

Maybe she/he is busy canning all of the veggies coming from the garden and tending to the store :) I am sure she will be back LOL

8. Harriet Oleson says:

Sorry for the delay, Nels and I have been to Mexico at “market” the last week or so. We heard that you could pick up prescription drugs at the drug stores just across the border from El Paso in Juarez at a steep discount. So we hitched up the team and wagon and picked up enough medications, elixirs and such to fill our pharmacy at the mercantile for the long winter ahead. Nels also had a tooth extracted by Dr. Valdez while we were there!!! We hated to do this but this new prescription drug policy is going to be hard on the “mom & pop” general stores. Anyway, on the way home we stopped by that fair they were having in Spencer, IA and picked up a couple of nutty bars and a bag of those new-fangled Tom Thumb donuts – boy are they yummy!!!