Sheldon City Council Moves Meeting Time

Date posted - July 2, 2013

I have serious concerns that the Sheldon City Council has no interest in hearing from the public. A 4:30 PM meeting already made it almost impossible for the average person, who has a job, to attend. Now they have moved the meeting to Noon.
 In order to attend before I would have had to leave work 30 min. early.
Now I would have to take off the whole afternoon.
 So I ask them and the rest of Sheldon: Does the City Council really care about letting you have a say unless it is during a campaign?

6 Responses to “Sheldon City Council Moves Meeting Time”

1. local shopper says:

I think it is a step in the right direction that the meetings are now at noon. The council chose that time because it is a good time for the majority of the people. I don’t know if you can do it, but if it is important enough to you, ask for personal time off to attend the meetings. If you absolutely cannot attend, watch the meeting on cable. If you still have concerns, talk to the councilman who represents your ward. I also choose not to attend meetings. When I do have a concern, I speak directly to my councilman. He (Brad) always takes the time to listen to me and explains answers to any questions I may have.

• Mark says:

How is that a step in the right direction? People have to work, and these meetings should be scheduled for when most people aren’t working.

2. Chad says:

4:30 shouldn’t be an issue for anyone. By the time they are done talking about sidewalks it will be 6:00 and you should be able to make it.

3. George says:

Meeting should be in evening so that working class people may attend and consider running for office. Few of those on the council have jobs that require attendance at their employment.

4. Old wrestler says:

Noon meetings are going to make it very tough for anyone who is working a 9-5 job to attend. Even if you try to fit it in over your lunch you aren’t going to be there for most of it.

5. biker says:

Two neighboring towns to the west and south have meetings at night. Why? So the peoples voice can be heard!