Date posted - December 18, 2013

I just received my bi-annual health insurance premium and it went up again. I should not feel too bad about it though, I get to keep my plan for another year before I lose it because of Obamacare. Here is a notation from the account summary; “The premium includes the Health Insurer Fee and Transitional Reinsurance Fee imposed on health plans and carriers persuant to the Affordable Care Act beginning January 1, 2014.”

“If you like your plan you can keep your plan-PERIOD”

“If you like your Doctor you can keep your Doctor-PERIOD.”

President Obama promised that his health care plan would reduce annual insurance premiums by $2,500 a family by the end of his first term. Thank You, Mr. President, esteemed three time winner of the 2013 Washington Post Pinocchio Awards.

15 Responses to “Thank You Dear President”

Really? That’s too bad.

My brother, who is a very Conservative person, and I have argued many times in person and on the phone about Obamacare. He was dead set against it. He is due to retire at 66 years old in about two weeks. His wife, tho is younger, and will need health insurance and she had a heart attack about 5 years ago. So years ago, her insurance,, if she could get it would be outrageously expensive. He actually called me two weeks ago to tell me that he is going to get a good health policy for his wife, covering prescriptions, a deductible of $500, and an out of pocket cap of $2000, for the price of $450.00! So he wanted to make sure that I checked on the ACA for myself. So he is a definite “yes” for Obamacare now.

I am on COBRA, its expensive. COBRA has been costing me $780 a month for the last 2 years. I have four months in 2014 to cover before medicare kicks in for me, and I found several really good policies, as good or better than my COBRA for less han $500 dollars. And that is before subsidies. So maybe checking into the registry for the ACA would be helpful to you.

If you make less than $48,000 a year, the ACA has subsidies for help in paying for health insurance. But you have to go through the http://www.healthcare.gov website or through your insurance company to find out the advantages to the ACA.

• Tim says:

I could say so much on this…but just one note…again…more giveaways, let the gov’t kick in. Why is it when examples of failures to the ACA are cited, those that worship the program tend to say things like ‘oh, very isolated cases’, but when those same people find surprises of supposedly great sucess, they will cite them as the ACA ‘greatest program ever’. Y’all can’t have it bothways. I thought you were against subsidies? Or is that just subsidies that benefit others? Why is it that we need the gov’t in this health care???? Is it just for its help? Is it so big gov’t can again be in control? Is the gov’t seeing how much money the insurance industry may generate so it wants its slice of it? Redistribution? Socialism? What really is Mr. Obama’s agenda for this? And I thought the ACA was going to be traced thru the IRS?
      That should work out great for us!!!

• Free Man says:

LeeAnn,

I hope Obamacare will cover your brothers carpel tunnel surgery after he finishes writing all those thank you letters to the young healthy folks that are subsidizing his new health plan. You know the ones, they used to be able to get catastrophic coverage for about $100 a month before Obamacare rolled into town. Funny thing is, they have figured out they are getting the shaft and are running away from Obama and Obamacare, opting to pay the fine.

Lets see what your brother has to say in a year when the Obamacare premiums reset and reflect the cost when refigured without all those young healthy individuals in the pool. I would like to see the true cost of your brothers plan before the ACA welfare subsidy was factored in. He may not be paying the true cost of the premium, but somebody else is.

As for subsidies, I earn too much so am not eligible for that welfare handout.

• Free Man says:

LeeAnn,

How have you been on a Cobra plan for 2 years?

“Iowa Code Chapter 509B.3 and Regulation 29 provide for continuation and conversion of group insurance. the provisions are not identical to Federal Cobra. The employee or member, a spouse, former spouse or surviving spouse, and eligible dependents who have been continuously insured under the group policy for 3 months before termination are eligible for 9 months after the date group coverage terminates. Iowa Statute Title XII Chapter 509B”

Nine months is the limit on a Cobra plan.

Unless one is accepted on Social Security Disability, they make you wait two years before medicare begins. And COBRA allows 24 months when waiting for medicare. For COBRA to continue after those first months, I have to pay the whole payment myself plus 22%. So its outrageously expensive for someone on SSDI. But worth it to have health insurance. Iowa offers health insurance to people with low income, but you have to be without health insurance for 6 months before you can get it. And my health problems have been expensive, so I am really glad I have access to the COBRA.

• Free Man says:

I just found the answer to getting Cobra for a longer period of time.

“Federal COBRA law
      Under COBRA, a terminated employee is entitled to continue his or her group health insurance for 18-36 months. The employee is entitled to the same coverage as current employees, since it is a seamless continuation of the current plan.”

2. Doug says:

He knew when he made those statements, they were lies. They knew they needed to screw over a large percentage of Americans, to pay for those who couldn’t, or wouldn’t get coverage. Last count I saw was around 6 million individual policies cancelled. That number does not take into account how many people were on each policy. Make your own guesses. If you have an employer funded plan, pray that it meets their secret standard.

ObamaCare would NEVER have been passed, if all of the lies were laid out before the vote. Harry Reid and his band of misfit cronies rewrote the House version of the Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act, and voted into law the Affordable Care Act. They deemed it passed instead of sending it back to the House. Another stretch of Constitutional procedure.

Everything this administration does, is shrouded in lies and secrecy. This week alone cited by two federal judges on separate cases for stepping outside of executive powers. How many US Presidents has that ever happened to?

3. Dug says:

And once again, here is another discussion about the poop-pile, crap-heap, bull-pucky we like to call politics. Geez, we get it already that the Prez has run this country into the ground, called his own shots, got his own way, forced his opinions and finally gotten into everyones brains about everything from how health care should be to the “politically correct naming of a professional sports team.” Listen, I like to complain as much as the next guy about the clown that’s in office, but if you would just read some of the comments left on here, EVERYBODY gets it already, that horse is so dead now that even Dr. Frankenstein would have a hard time getting it back to life. If you are that fed up with the system, you can either keep complaining on here, or you can get in touch with your local government, congressman/woman, maybe they can help you more than the folks on here. Here you’re just adding fuel to the fire and believe me, I’ve been reading enough on here to know, it’s ain’t doing you one bit of good, it’s only making others blood boil. Just sayin…vent to the right people and you may get results.

• Free Man says:

As long as that dead horse is affecting me I will keep expressing my views on the subject. In addition to speaking out here and elsewhere I do the other things you mention to try and effect change.

If this “Dead Horse” (Obamacare) offends you so much you need not read the replies here. Grab a chair, tune into KIWA radio and relax while thinking happy thoughts. Your reply reminds me of the famous Shakespeare quote from Hamlet; “Me thinks he doth protest too much”

4. Timmy says:

It always makes me laugh when people complain about something they don’t really understand. When social security was started people said it would bankrupt the nation. Did it? Nope. Ask anyone now and you better not lay your hands on their social security. People said that was socialism as well. When they introduced Medicaid/Medicare people complained about the same thing, saying it will bankrupt the nation and its socialism. And now in 2013 after all of that has happened you guys are complaining about the same thing. Yes there are some kinks to work out, but you know what? Isn’t it for the good of the nations. I beileve it was Jesus who said, help those less fortunate than yourself. But the republican party would lead you to believe that helping others is a bad thing. I feel really bad for you people. I really do.

• Free Man says:

I guess you have not noticed that the United States is $17,000,000,000,000.00 (17 Trillion) in debt and has been forced to monetize the debt to the tune of $85,000,000,000.00 per month by purchasing it’s own bonds.

It is also a fact that the Unfunded Liabilities of the USA are $100,000,000,000,000.00 (100 Trillion) and rising. These Unfunded Liabilities are the promises made by the government to pay it’s citizens today, and into the future. These are considered unfunded because this 100 trillion is the difference in what it is projected to be collected in taxes and revenues by the government, and what the actual cost of these promises will be. These unfunded mandates are basically Social Security and Medicare. Broken down these unfunded liabilities come to $33,000 for each man, woman and child in this country.

Think about that for a while, then tell me how great Social Security and Medicaid are. This nation is bankrupt, and the only thing saving it for now is it’s ability to monetize the debt and the dollars status as the worlds reserve currency. It always makes me laugh when people can’t grasp the simple mathmatics of the Federal debt, and think just because the monthly checks keep coming they will do so forever. This nation is like a family living on their platinum card; all is well until the bank refuses to raise the limit and the payments come due.

5. Ducky says:

Am I the only one here who has more problems with Congress’s budget, the Pentagon’s budget, and the federal reserve more than what the white house has been doing? The Pentagon, in the past year, just misplaced a billion dollars. They don’t know where it went. Dropping change on the floor is one thing, but a billion dollars?

>>No longer a big supporter of Barack Obama:
    Why is it we blame any federal finance problems solely on the president? The president himself has very little power by himself. But if you want to look at the true horror, look at the Pentagon, Congress, and the newly founded NSA’s establishment. They are spending money faster than if you set a giant pile of cash on fire.

We need a new congress. Get the money out of politics, kick out the currupt, and vote in people who truly care

• Doug says:

I am glad to see this has gotten your attention, because you, and your descendents, will be paying for this forever. If this country can survive.

I think that most people are in denial of the size of the debt Free Man pointed to above. If they just don’t believe the number, think somebody else is going to pay, or can’t comprehend the number is hard to guess.

I think the billion dollars the Pentagon misplaced is chump change. How about the child tax credit loophole that illegal immigrants have used to unlawfully obtain over 4 billion dollars in welfare benefits? Congress failed to act on it with the last budget. Homeland Security, should be using the illegal federal tax returns, to root out and export the illegals stealing our tax dollars. But no, no effort. Then there’s the $34 million dollar military base nobody wanted in Afghanistan. That money could have put a small dent in the $6 billion cut to veteran benefits over 10 years that was approved in the budget deal this week.

I blame the president, because he made promises. Promises of accountability, promises of transparency, and promises of the way Washington DC operates. I do not believe those promises were made in good faith, and he has done more to harm this country than to heal it.

Almost every department in his cabinet has been involved in questionable activity during his presidency, and not one person has either claimed responsibility, and/or been held accountable.

The EPA should be de-funded for their clean air act and global warming/climate change b.s. damage they have done to industry in this country. Yesterday, a federal judge claimed he had documents that Homeland Security is helping to deliver smuggled kids, to their illegal parents living in the US.

He could do something. Doesn’t even try. Why?

• Free Man says:

That is why I caucused for Ron Paul last election, but the rank and file Republicans looked at me with derision as I was at the caucus. They wanted their big spending Romneycare candidate who eventually lost to the Hope and Change fraud that is Obama.

I agree totally with your disdain for the Federal Reserve, but they have been monetizing the debt at 85 billion a month under the Obama administration. What is that compared to the pentagon misplacing 1 billion? I hated the fact that the Bush administration was spending like drunkin Democrats, but what we have going on now is just insane. Did you happen to see the story last week where Vladimir Putin wished he could get away with spying on his people the way Obama is doing with the NSA. That is a pretty telling story right there, is it not.

6. Tim says:

Here is an interesting statistic…..
    More Americans have shown support for Phil Robertson in the last 24 hours, than the total number of people that have signed up for Obamacare in the past 3 months!