What are you thankful for?

Date posted - November 21, 2012

In moderating the “My Two Cents” editorial page, I have seen many people (and MANY aliases) talk about things in the negative. I don’t think there is anything wrong with it necessarily, I mean, thats WHY we put the feature online. To give YOU an¬†opportunity¬†for discussion! But for this post, I would like to go a different route…

So I ask you, as you gather with friends and family this Thanksgiving….what are YOU thankful for?

Me? A wife that loves me and puts up with my crap, a close circle of friends and family that are there anytime and finally….all of you! Truly, if it weren’t for you all I would be doing a job I am probably even less qualified for than talking for a living!

Feel free to leave what you are thankful for in the comments below.

All the best,

Wayne Barahona

12 Responses to “What are you thankful for?”

1. Red says:

I am thankful for a roof over my head, food on my table, and my health. No matter how bad I think life can be, I’ve never gone hungry or homeless.

2. dj says:

Well said Wayne…I am thankful for the health of my family the time we get to spend together and the memories.God is truly good.

• Tim says:

Well…
      Lets see, it would take a full page, but, first and foremost, my wonderful wife, my kids and grandkids. Thankful that we have a country where we can be “free” and express our opinions, without any reprisals. so many think we have it bad, no business expansion, schools are wrong, high prices, wrong president. the list goes on and on, but, I am thankful I live in the USA!! Just think about where each of us would be in a country somewhat different than ours. Could we have a thanksgiving dinner, where all our families could get to gether without someone knocking on our door stopping that? could we even have enough to put a meal on the table? Could we go to church each sunday, or whenever we liked without someone saying that is the wrong God you worship? think about this country and its vast diversity of people, WOW. and look at those freedoms we have in comparisaon to some of the other countries. We are truly blessed as individuals.
      I am also thankful, for the time we can get together with family and friends during the holidays, I think it is a wonderful time to remember that our families may lose a special person, but they will always be in our hearts. Take that time to enjoy our families, they may not all be with us next time we get together. Happy Thanksgiving

3. Grace says:

I am grateful that no matter what bump in the road comes in life, it does not take God by surprise and He will see us through.

4. Don says:

I’m thankful God picked the right man to be POTUS!

5. Jeff says:

Thankful for my loving wife, my children. Thenthenrest of the family that being my parents who help out a great deal with our kids, laundry when the washer quits. Also the in laws for there help. Health!

6. Deb says:

I am thankful for GOD who gets me through any thing and my wonderful children, my job and that i live in USA and am free to worship my God. Thankful for all those who protect us from having war here in the United States.

7. debra weber says: