- This event has passed.
Sheldon Fireworks Ordinance
- June 20, 2020 - - July 5, 2020
With summer officially in full swing, please read through the summary of rules regarding Fireworks within the City of Sheldon. Use of consumer fireworks is allowed from June 20 to July 5, with the following guidelines. Have fun, be safe, and be respect your neighbors and avoid unnecessary visits by the Sheldon Fire Department or our Ambulance team.
A person may only possess, use, or explode consumer fireworks in accordance with City Code 4.11:
(1) A person shall not use or explode consumer fireworks on days other than June 20 through July 5.
(2) Usage allowed only between the hours of 12 p.m. and 10 p.m., except they can be used between the hours of 12 p.m. and 11 p.m. on July 4.
(3) A person shall not use or explode consumer fireworks on real property other than that person’s real property or on the real property of a person who has consented to the use of consumer fireworks on that property.
(4) A person who is less than 18 years of age may only use or explode consumer fireworks if that minor child is under the direct supervision of his or her parent or guardian during such use or explosion of consumer fireworks.
(5) A person shall not possess, use, or explode consumer fireworks while appearing or determined to be under the influence of alcohol and/or a controlled substance.
(6) A person shall not possess, use, or explode consumer fireworks in a reckless manner or a manner that is likely to cause death, injury, or property damage.
Consumer Fireworks consist of any fireworks which can be purchased at an Iowa consumer fireworks’ stand (per Iowa Code 727.2). Violations subject to $250 fine.