It’s Homecoming week in Sheldon and the 2012 Homecoming royalty has been crowned!
Congratulations to King Joe Barron and Queen Kaitlin Youngs who will represent the Orab student body and Orabs everywhere with pride as the 2012 King and Queen.
The 2012 Homecoming Court:
- Shelby Bruns
- Audrey Gustafson
- Tori Meendering
- Brittany Van Gorp
- Kaitlin Youngs
- Chris Balster
- Joe Barron
- Matt Dykstra
- Graden Nordahl
- Nathan Oostra
Homecoming week activities:
Wednesday, September 12
- “Super Hero/Villain Day”
Thursday, September 13
- “Red Carpet Bling Day” (dress up day)
- 4:30 – Cross Country @ Sioux Central Invite
- 5:30 – 9th/JV/V Volleyball vs. Okoboji (@ Milford)
Friday, September 14
- “Orange & Black Day”
- 12:15-12:40 – Picnic Lunch
- 12:40-1:30 – Powder Puff Game/Tug of War, etc.
- 1:30-2:15 – Talent Show (Aud.)
- 2:25 – Pep Rally (gym)
- 5:30 – FFA Supper (1/3 lb. burger; chips, bars/cookies; drink)
- 6:40 – Pre-game 7:00 – Football game vs. Cherokee
- After game–11:30 – Homecoming Dance
One Homecoming tradition that’s missing from the schedule this year is the Homecoming Parade. Principal Meendering says there were several factors that influenced the decision to not have a parade this year. He cited the busy schedules of high school kids that allows insufficient time for float building and other parade preparation, as well as the close time proximity to the Sheldon Celebration Days Parade, and the safety factor of large numbers of kids trying to quickly make their way downtown after school for a parade as some of those reasons. He said it was decided they would not have a parade this year and see how things go. He stressed that no decision on the status of Homecoming Parades in future years has been decided at this time.