News

Early Sunday Fire Damages Hull Business

Hull, Iowa — An electrical system malfunction is believed to have caused a fire that damaged a building in Hull early Sunday morning.

The Sioux County Sheriff’s Office said they received a call shortly after 4:30 Sunday morning reporting a fire in a business building located at 914 1st Street in Hull.

According to authorities, firefighters discovered a fire in the east side of the building, but were able to extinguish it a short time later.

No injuries were reported in the blaze.

Officials estimate damage to the building at approximately $10-thousand.

The Hull Fire Department was assisted by the Rock Valley Fire Department, Sioux Center Fire Department, Hull Ambulance and the Sioux County Sheriff’s Office.

Previous ArticleNext Article