News

Primghar Firefighters Save Corn Crib

Primghar, Iowa — Primghar firefighters were able to save a corn crib from burning down on Sunday, August 2, 2015 near Primghar.
FD fire lightbar
According to Primghar Fire Chief Gary Lansink, about 6:15 PM, the Primghar Fire Department was called to the report of corn crib fire at 5988 400th Street, a mile south and three-quarters of a mile east of Primghar.

The chief says the fire department saw the shingles on the corn crib’s roof were on fire as they approached the scene. He says they used water to fight the fire.

Lansink says that there were no reports of injuries.

He says the cause of the fire appeared to be sparks from a nearby tree pile fire. He says those who were there thought that the sparks, smoke and heat would go straight up because there was no wind, but the shingles caught flame anyway.

Chief Lansink reports that only the roof was damaged, and they were able to save the rest of the building.

He says they used 2000 gallons of water to fight the fire, and crews were on scene roughly an hour.

Previous ArticleNext Article