Sheldon Firefighters Battle Trailer Home Blaze
Date posted - March 23, 2016
UPDATE: Sheldon, Iowa — A Sheldon trailer house is no longer in livable condition after a fire on Tuesday, March 22nd.
According to Sheldon Fire Company Chief Jerry Meyer, firefighters were called about 9:20 AM to a trailer house fire at 329 North Sixth Avenue.
When they got there, smoke and flames were seen coming from windows and out of the garage, he says.
Using about 1200 gallons of water with firefighting foam, firefighters had the fire knocked down in about 10 minutes, says Meyer, and then they continued to overhaul the trailer for a few hours to ensure the fire was out.
He says the inside of the trailer home was extensively damaged and is unlivable.
The cause of the fire was an unattended scented candle on the kitchen counter, which ignited combustible materials. The chief says the occupant had stepped out to run some errands and returned home to see his home on fire. A neighbor had called in the fire.
Meyer says no injuries were reported.
No damage estimate is available.
The Sheldon Fire Company was assisted by the Sheldon Police Department and Sheldon Community Ambulance Team.
Sheldon, Iowa — The Sheldon Fire Company was called to battle a blaze at a trailer home in Sheldon this (Tuesday) morning.
The fire call came in about 9:20 Tuesday morning to a trailer fire at 329 North 6th Avenue. No other details are available at this time.