Lights and Sirens

Granville Home Damaged; Firefighters Paged

Granville, Iowa — A house was damaged and a local fire department was paged on Saturday, February 15, 2020, for an incident near Granville.

According to Granville Fire Chief Karl Kellen, about 7:00 p.m., the Granville Fire Department was called to the report of a house fire at 4632 510th Street, five miles south of Granville and a mile and a half east.

The chief says the fire department saw nothing out of the ordinary as they approached the scene. He says the homeowner was remodeling and some insulation in the attic started to smolder. He says the cause of the fire appeared to be electrical in nature. According to Kellen, the fire department used a thermal imaging camera to find the hot spot. He says when they found it they removed the material to the outside of the home. He tells us they did have to cut out part of a roof joist to get to the hot spot, otherwise, there was minimal damage.

Kellen says no injuries were reported.

He says the 12 firefighters who responded were on the scene for about a half an hour.

Previous ArticleNext Article