Sheldon House Fire Electrical In Nature
Date posted - December 31, 2015
About 5:45 Wednesday morning the Sheldon Fire Company was paged to a house fire in the 900 block of Country Club Road. The homeowner told 911 dispatchers that there was smoke coming down from the ceiling of the home. Chief Meyer said that when the Fire Department arrived on scene there were flames coming out of the roof of the structure.
Meyer said the fire was in the home’s rafters, and firefighters had to pull down the interior ceilings in order to reach it. Sheldon firefighters made a mutual aid call to the Sanborn Fire Department for additional manpower.
Chief Meyer said the residents were home at the time of the fire, but were able to get out of the house without injury. He said the home received major damage in the blaze.
Firefighters were on the scene for about 6 hours battling the fire.