Sheldon, Iowa — Sheldon firefighters were summoned to a fire alarm at Prairie Trail Village Apartments around 6:30 Tuesday morning.
Assistant Sheldon Fire Chief Brad Hindt tells KIWA that the fire alarm at the apartment complex was tripped due to a broken pipe in the building’s sprinkler system. Hindt says the pipe caused water to flood the lower floor until the system was shut down.
Fire crews were on scene for about 45-minutes, according to Hindt. The Sheldon Fire Company was assisted at the scene by the Sheldon Police Department.