Sioux County, Iowa — East of Hudson, SD — An outbuilding and its contents were damaged in a fire on Thursday, March 25, 2021, near Hudson.
According to Sioux Center Fire Chief David Van Holland, about 2:00 a.m., the Sioux Center Fire Department was called to the report of a corn crib on fire moving to a second shed at 3610 Dipper Avenue, three miles north and ten miles west of the Sioux Center Fire Station or about five miles west of Hudson on B30.
The chief says the fire department saw very little fire when they arrived, as the resident had put out most of the fire with a garden hose.
Van Holland says no injuries were reported.
He tells us they had called four other departments but turned them around once they found out that most of the fire had been put out.
He says the cause of the fire appeared to be related to a malfunctioning heat lamp for puppies.
Chief Van Holland reports that there was moderate damage to the building and its contents.
He says the firefighters who responded were on the scene for about an hour.