- This event has passed.
Sheldon Holiday Parade of Lights Entry Deadline
- November 13, 2020 @ 4:30 pm
Parade Theme: Hometown Holiday
Show your community support and celebrate by
displaying what “Hometown Holiday” looks like to you!
The 2020 Sheldon Parade of Lights will kick-off the holiday season on Saturday, November 28 at 5:30 pm. We welcome any type of entry: floats, cars, trucks, farm equipment, and musical groups. Your entry can represent any private or public entity, a community group, or a business.
KIWA Radio & Ron Drenkow Motors have teamed up to sponsor a contest for JEEPS that are entered in the parade. Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 JEEP entries.
• Each entry must include lights. Music is encouraged.
• Each entry must have a sign or banner to identify the group or business.
• Please no Santa as part of your entry … Santa will be the final entry in the parade!
• There is to be no throwing of candy or other items from a moving entry. It is recommended that you have people walk along side and hand out anything you want to give.
• No entry fee.
• Lineup begins at 4:30 pm, parade begins at 5:30 pm.
• Lineup will be on 10th and 11th Street. You will be informed of your parade number and additional details prior to the event.
• The parade route will run from the intersection of 11th Street and 3rd Avenue, proceed north to 9th Street, turn east on 9th Street, ending by 5th Avenue.
• KIWA will live stream the parade.
Sign up to be part of the action!
Please complete the entry form below and return as soon as possible. Registration deadline is Friday, November 13. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org at the SCDC office or call 712-324-2813 for more information and a registration form.