Sheldon Family Displaced After Early Monday Fire

Sheldon, Iowa — The sound of a smoke alarm roused a Sheldon family early Monday morning (January 22nd), allowing them time to get out of their burning house.

Sheldon Assistant Fire Chief Randy Harms says the alarm came in shortly before 4:00 Monday morning to a home at 1000 Lincoln Avenue, on Sheldon’s east side.

Harms says when fire crews arrived on scene they found a blaze in the walls behind the home’s fireplace, as well as in the attic. He says firefighters used water and foam to extinguish the fire.

No injuries were reported, but Harms says the home is uninhabitable after the blaze. He says O’Brien County EMA contacted the Red Cross to aid the displaced family.

Harms says the fire started from the fireplace.

Firefighters were assisted at the scene by the Sheldon Community Ambulance Team, and O’Brien County EMA.

Harms says firefighters were back at the station after about three hours.

Share:

Two Injured In Crash Near Alvord

Alvord, Iowa – Two people were injured in a single-vehicle mishap late Saturday night near Alvord. According to the Lyon County

Local News