Locksmith Needed On Two Saturday Sheldon Fire Calls

Sheldon, Iowa — The Sheldon Fire Department answered two calls Saturday, both of which required the services of a locksmith to gain entry.

The first report came at 8:21 Saturday morning, and it was to respond to a residential fire alarm in an unoccupied dwelling. Assistant Fire Chief Randy Harms tells KIWA that a locksmith was used to gain entry into the dwelling. He says they found a faulty baseboard heater that had caused the fire alarm to be tripped. Fire crews returned to the station at 9:56 am.

A locksmith was needed for the second alarm Sheldon firefighters received, as well. Harms says the call came in at 1:39 Saturday afternoon, sending the department to 206 Wansink Avenue, the Valley View Apartments, for a smoke detector going off. Harms says once the locksmith gained entry into the apartment, firefighters found a faulty smoke detector, and turned the situation over to building maintenance. The Sheldon Fire Company returned to the station at 2:15 pm.


Local News