Sioux Center, Iowa — Sioux Center firefighters were called out on Thursday, July 11, 2019.
According to Sioux Center Fire Chief David Van Holland, about 11:50 a.m., the Sioux Center Fire Department was called to the report of a house fire at 526 South Main Avenue in Sioux Center.
The chief says when they got there they found a light fixture on fire on the side of the house, and they quickly extinguished the fire.
Van Holland says no injuries were reported.
According to Van Holland, the Ireton Fire Department is automatically paged to structure fires in Sioux Center, but he told the Ireton firefighters that they could disregard when Sioux Center firefighters arrived on-scene.
He says the cause of the fire appears to have been a malfunction in the light.
Chief Van Holland reports that there was minimal damage.
He says the 25 firefighters who responded were on scene for about an hour.